Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heated Grips

Heated Grips

Hi guys, just had heated grips fitted at 1st service and really disappointed. I was expecting same as Tracer but these look like cheap Chinese eBay items. Wiring is not integrated and do not display on dash, but worst of all is you can accidentally leave them on is they do not turn off with the ignition (even with the key removed).

They can't be the official ones surely, the official ones are integrated
    Man maths with a dose of alcohol is always a winner!!

The official Yam grips are not integrated Andy. They are operated off the left grip itself and it's true as the original post says they do not go off with the ignition although they do sense when the battery is not being charged and switch off. I was a bit disappointed myself but they do appear to work OK and don't flat your battery if left on.

Had these fitted to mine and are ok, prefer a bit more heat on top setting and the tech made the wiring as tidy as possible so I'll see how they do in the colder months and decide wether to change next year.

Oops sorry, I thought they were, my bad!
    Man maths with a dose of alcohol is always a winner!!

I like how the Yammy ones look what with the heat control being integrated in the grip, but they aren't available in the US.

I think I'm going to go with the Oxfords. Apparently they shut off with the ignition after a few minutes. Hot damn do they look ugly though :/

I installed Tusk heated grips on my FZ1. They wrap around the bar underneath the grip. $20 on ebay, wired them into the headlight so they shut off when the ignition is off. I added a small rocker switch for a cleaner look.

Hand guards help too, they deflect the wind of your gloves.
    '17 FZ10 Armor Grey
    '09 KTM 250XC-W
    '07 KTM 525EXC Plated (Sumo & Dirt)

I like that idea, I'll try it out.

I'd go for hand guards, but I'm running bar end mirrors that I'd really like to keep. I haven't found many options that allow mirrors unfortunately. It's a shame because having hand guards with integrated turn signals would really clean the bike up

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Have the Yamaha heated grips on the MT10 & have been riding in 2 degrees and they are working great, look & feel nice, don't know how long they take to turn off though,all the instructions say is they wont flatten your battery if left on.

I will take that all back,I just rode back in the dark & they are about as hot on full as my oxfords are on low, & they take about 2 mins to switch off after engine has stopped which is good. but would not recommend for performance.