Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heated Grips

Okay I think this will be my last comment on these, I didn't get all the instructions with these with the bike, just the operating page as they were put on by the shop & have just found the installation instructions online & they have to be programmed for different sized bikes based on alternator output, mine were set on the default moped setting.. you have to hold the on button down for 5 seconds until the heat bar lights starts flashing & then cycle through with the on off button till all 3 the lights flash together(max), then wait until they turn off. HUGE improvement,about twice as hot & uncomfortable to hold with bare hands. still not as blistering as the oxfords but I think they will do, the bike the oxfords are on has had the solid bar ends removed & alloy caps fitted, that makes a difference having those big heat sinks gone.

Good info, I'll check mine

And they were on default first light setting .......not anymore, thx
    Last edited by Enigma; 08-18-2016 at 06:40 PM.

Looking for anyone to chime in with thoughts on the OEM grips after riding a full season.
    Any advantage to the OEM system?
    If no... think I'll just go with the Oxfords.
    People who believe a problem can be solved tend to get busy solving it. - William Raspberry

'83 CB550, 2007 FZ1, 2012 Concours, 2017 FZ10

Quote Originally Posted by H19HSP33d View Post
    Looking for anyone to chime in with thoughts on the OEM grips after riding a full season.
    Any advantage to the OEM system?
    If no... think I'll just go with the Oxfords.
    I find the heat on the OEM ones is okay but they are quite hard and not very grippy cant comment on the Oxfords ones ive never used them

Haven't tried oem but very happy with Oxfords. The grip is far better in my opinion and I usually have the heat setting on half as an higher is too hot so no worries about not being warm enough!

Quote Originally Posted by MrG View Post
    very happy with Oxfords. The grip is far better in my opinion and I usually have the heat setting on half as an higher is too hot so no worries about not being warm enough!
    I have an easy 100k miles with Oxfords on various bikes and they have never failed me. The early system killed my battery on a different bike by not shutting off, even though they were supposed to. I just put a relay on that bike.

I wired them "hot" on the FZ, and they have shut off shortly after the bike was turned off.

Oxford has a variety of grip surfaces, don't know which is best, but I have used most of the different ones.

Here is who I give my money to and they also have spare parts. I have worn out a grip from big miles on my oldest bike.

http://lockitt.com/Lockitt/category/HCGPOX.html
    XX, DR, a couple of ZX's, and a -10. Live is good

It's the journey, NOT the destination

Gentlemen, thank you all.

Is it generally just the grips that differ between different Oxford models (Adventure, Sport, Cruiser, Touring)?
    People who believe a problem can be solved tend to get busy solving it. - William Raspberry

Have you looked at the Koso Apollo grips. They're made in Taiwan.

That's what I've got switched via a relay from Eastern Beaver so no chance of staying on with key off. A bit on the hard side but work very well.

Review here...

https://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcy.../index-amp.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-E View Post
    Have you looked at the Koso Apollo grips. They're made in Taiwan.

That's what I've got switched via a relay from Eastern Beaver so no chance of staying on with key off. A bit on the hard side but work very well.

Review here...

https://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcy.../index-amp.htm
    Wish I woulda gone this route :-(