Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Quickshifter

The quickshifter is great, none of them are meant to be used at low revs chuffing about

Stock shifter is awful. Replaced mine asap.

Why do you think there are so many R1 etc stock shifters for sale? People have used better ones and can not use the stock offerings because they are poor.

Quote Originally Posted by jamin_00 View Post
    Stock shifter is awful. Replaced mine asap.

Why do you think there are so many R1 etc stock shifters for sale? People have used better ones and can not use the stock offerings because they are poor.
    your idea of poor must differ vastly from mine, i love the yamaha one, i fitted it myself and how you can get better ive no idea, it does it so quick and smooth i can hardly feel it change, the only way it could be any better is if i didnt feel it at all.
    all i can think is anyone that thinks its poor cant have it set up right or its faulty

Mine is far from smooth

Happy with the Yamaha one. Of course it's a little clunky if you are using it/shifting under 4000rpm.

The S1000R and R1200R ones didn't seem any better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuya View Post
    your idea of poor must differ vastly from mine, i love the yamaha one, i fitted it myself and how you can get better ive no idea, it does it so quick and smooth i can hardly feel it change, the only way it could be any better is if i didnt feel it at all.
    all i can think is anyone that thinks its poor cant have it set up right or its faulty

Then you have never used an aftermarket job? These standard shifters on all bikes are simple switches and they give a terrible feeling. HM Plus is vastly different and vastly superior.

But I will add, the Yamaha offering is one of the better OEM options it has to be said. MV, Triumph, Suzuki etc, VERY POOR

Quote Originally Posted by jamin_00 View Post
    Then you have never used an aftermarket job? These standard shifters on all bikes are simple switches and they give a terrible feeling. HM Plus is vastly different and vastly superior.
    we will have to agree to disagree on that mate, to describe it as a terrible feeling??
    when i take people on the back they dont even know im changing gear its so quick and smooth

The stock shifter is what i would consider good
    The more premium sensors are what I consider excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by grant123 View Post
    The stock shifter is what i would consider good
    The more premium sensors are what I consider excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree Grant,

My SP came with the stock sensor, then added the Flash Tune ECU auto blipper kit after finally getting it working the upshifts are FAR better than what the stock switch provided, not sure if its a combination of better quality switch and perhaps optimised quick shifter software settings from flash tune, its MUCH better than the stock quick shifter. The shifting action seems generally more sensitive with the Flash Tune switch fitted, there seems to be a fair amount of slop and play in the stock rear sets so when the budget allows I am keen to try some Gilles rearset.

Only thing I like more about the stock Yamaha quick shifter switch is it looks neater and is all black so blends in well.