Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Quickshifter

Quote Originally Posted by jamin_00 View Post
    But I will add, the Yamaha offering is one of the better OEM options it has to be said. MV, Triumph, Suzuki etc, VERY POOR
    The Triumph branded Translogic on my Street Triple was seamless above half throttle and not bad at all below that above 4K.

The Woolich Racing (Cordona) on the MT is better, probably because it's custom mapped to the bike but I wouldn't call the Triumph one poor by any standard... My MT is a '16 so didn't get the factory QS, so I haven't tried the Yamaha one.
    Are you a racer or something? You must have a level of feel and precision that few others share to have such a dim view of the oem equipment.
    Last edited by Stonesie; 10-14-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuya View Post
    we will have to agree to disagree on that mate, to describe it as a terrible feeling??
    when i take people on the back they dont even know im changing gear its so quick and smooth
    Again, Im guessing you have never used an after market unit. One guy put a video up of what he said was seamless and every single shift you could see it was not the case as the video was jerking every time he changed gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonesie View Post
    The Triumph branded Translogic on my Street Triple was seamless above half throttle and not bad at all below that above 4K.

The Woolich Racing (Cordona) on the MT is better, probably because it's custom mapped to the bike but I wouldn't call the Triumph one poor by any standard... My MT is a '16 so didn't get the factory QS, so I haven't tried the Yamaha one.
    Are you a racer or something? You must have a level of feel and precision that few others share to have such a dim view of the oem equipment.
    Quickshifting at low rpm is like running slicks on the road, pointless.

Im not a racer no, but work in the MotoGP paddock amongst others all over the world so I know a good quickshifter against a poor one. The Woolich one is not mapped to the bike but it has a a huge amount of settings. It gives the tuner the ability to adjust the kill time based on rpm, gear and speed but again, this is still only a Cordona and whilst it is vastly better than any OEM offering being a strain gauge this is still not that great.

Most people will be able to feel the difference between a standard Triumph/MV one, Yamaha one and an after market such as HM etc.

I will repeat this again, if you have never used an aftermarket such as HM etc then you have no idea of just how good a quickshifter can be. This is why for example they are by far the most popular shifter in the entire MotoGP/2/3 field

Quote Originally Posted by jamin_00 View Post
    Again, Im guessing you have never used an after market unit. One guy put a video up of what he said was seamless and every single shift you could see it was not the case as the video was jerking every time he changed gear.

Quickshifting at low rpm is like running slicks on the road, pointless.

Im not a racer no, but work in the MotoGP paddock amongst others all over the world so I know a good quickshifter against a poor one. The Woolich one is not mapped to the bike but it has a a huge amount of settings. It gives the tuner the ability to adjust the kill time based on rpm, gear and speed but again, this is still only a Cordona and whilst it is vastly better than any OEM offering being a strain gauge this is still not that great.

Most people will be able to feel the difference between a standard Triumph/MV one, Yamaha one and an after market such as HM etc.

I will repeat this again, if you have never used an aftermarket such as HM etc then you have no idea of just how good a quickshifter can be. This is why for example they are by far the most popular shifter in the entire MotoGP/2/3 field

im not doubting the others are better im just saying to describe the yamaha one as terrible is stupid
    because its not
    if it was clunky, or jerky or missed gears then maybe so, but it doesnt not even close
    and regardless of whether ive tried an after market one or not, i know bikes and i know how they feel
    so for me mate anyone that describes it as terrible has either not got it set up right, has a faulty one or is talking shit