Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Fz10 is first naked bike I owned and I'm having trouble with Arai corsair x. Everytime I go over 90mph Arai start to move around. Agv pista and shoei x12 is very stable in the other hand. I tried to adjust little spoiler on Arai but it doesn't really help. Anyone have any similar problem?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

theres this site thats run by the uk government where they do their own testing
    theres some really surprising results, some of the most expensive dont come off so good and some of the cheaper ones have max stars
    http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

also shows in detail the testing results with easy to understand graphics
    Last edited by Kazuya; 09-17-2016 at 10:00 AM.

i have an arai rx7-gp got it from nec bike show 300 less than retail i paid 400 for it then i'm a great believer in you get what you pay for, and if funds permit then buy the best you can afford, after all can you really put a price on your head!!!

Two Shoei's, (X11 & X12)an HJC Carbon, and the newest, Arai XF-4 in matte black. The Arai has a great fit, the HJC's light weight is great for longer rides but does lift at higher speeds, the Shoei's have been retired.
    image.jpg

My priorities, in no particular order, are pinlock visor, built in sun screen, quiet, light, unaffected by wind during shoulder checks. I presently have an Nexx X-T1, which meets all of my criteria. After break-in the lower side cushioning developed about a half inch gap creating a lot of noise during certain levels of wind and direction. I pulled on the chin bar to bring it snug and it immediately became quiet. So, I ended up adding cushioning material under each cheap pad and now it's back to being very quiet and comfortable.

My last helmet was a Shoei Multi-tec modular flip front and was really noisy.

Any helmet I own would have to be safety certified.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tflndav View Post
    Two Shoei's, (X11 & X12)an HJC Carbon, and the newest, Arai XF-4 in matte black. The Arai has a great fit, the HJC's light weight is great for longer rides but does lift at higher speeds, the Shoei's have been retired.
    image.jpg
    how does that peak not rip ya head off at speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuya View Post
    Surprisingly, it does not but, I have have removed the visor because I think it looks better without it.

Quote Originally Posted by jay9553 View Post
    Fz10 is first naked bike I owned and I'm having trouble with Arai corsair x. Everytime I go over 90mph Arai start to move around. Agv pista and shoei x12 is very stable in the other hand. I tried to adjust little spoiler on Arai but it doesn't really help. Anyone have any similar problem?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Hi Jay, I have a Corsair V and I haven't had any issues with it. I am in the market for a new Arai, so I'm looking at the Defiant, as it is designed for the Hyper Nsked Bikes.

I just wished Arai had a color that matched my Armor Gray like LS2 does.

Dave
    Armor Gray FZ-10
    Yamaha YZ450F (Dirt and Supermoto)

You obviously have different names for similar products over there.

I understand that some helmets such as tha X-Spirit Y the Arai RX7-gp are designed to be worn on sports bikes where the profile of head is positioned whilst the rider is in the prone position, thua affecting the wind dynamics which can shaves 10ths of a second off your lap times. Noise is not a priority factor as again the design priority is for racing, not road use.

Models such as the Shoei NXR, XR1100, Qwewst, GT Air, Neotec are designed more for road use and touring. Think the NXR & XR 1100 bridge the gap. The aero dynamics of the helmet profile are designed for the rider to be sat upright & noise reduction and comfort have a higher priority.

Wearing a 700 helmet for track use is not going to be any more beneficial in the case of an accident over a 150.00 helmet as long as the have sinilar SNELL test results.
    Newer models and Graphics alaso come into play. The latest Marquez/Rossi etc etc lid is going to be more expensive than last years model & plain designs.

I recollect the XR1100 Tommy Hill helmet being sold for a snip compared to other designs because he'd changed his helmet sponsor, same for Bradley Smith.

Most retailers are looking for a 100% mark up plus VAT so yor 700.00 lid is probably coming into the retailer at 280.00. Hence the on line retailers being able to send end of line clearance items at bargain prices.

Its all in the look into my eyes marketing myth & how deep your pockets are. Just like your Mrs wants her Prada Hand bag & Gucci shoes we'd all like to Ride a new Ducatti Panigale, have top of the range Dainesse Leathers, Rukka Textiles & Diadora boots. when the reality is we can experience similar safety & performance levels with products at 1/2 the price.

A lot of the cheaper less desireable brands, Bell & HJC for instance have some really great graphics which you don't pay a premium for, I've sometimes thought it would be prudent to buy a new 150/200 lid & change it every couple of years rather than buy the latest Shoei or Arai.

My strategy is to buy last years model or end of line stock at 1/2 the price of this years latest offering & choose neutral colours that are not specific to your latest ride.

Having said which sometimes I don't half talk some shit. So far I've had the Yamaha sports screen & deflectors, Both the MRA touring & Sports and now have the Givi which I'm in two minds about. Think I prefer the original after all.

I'v had the touring rear rack, The Ventura system & now have the bespoke E Bay rear jobbie & at times have had up to 5 helmets on the top of my wardrobe depending on which bike I'm riding & whatclobber I'm wearing so you can take my comments with a pinch of salt as next week I may have the latest NXR.
    Last edited by trickymicky65; 08-05-2017 at 11:57 AM.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuya View Post
    I once had an Arai TourX2 when I had a Dorsoduro 750 it wanted to take my head off at over 90mph & developed a noise that sounded like a helecopter overhead, I had to get rid of it as I was suffering with paranoia.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]