Football (Proper English of course)

20 years ago I had no clue what football(soccer) was about. Then we signed my daughters up for "Soccer" - 1 month in and the coach of my youngest daughter's team just quit showing up. Long story boring, me and another dad took on the task.

I knew absolutely nothing, literally nothing. Started watching videos, found some games on TV and learned a little.

In the process I watched, what I now know, was an FA cup match between Manchester City and some bar team on a muddy pitch in the pouring rain with about 25 fans on the single bleacher. Was an amazing game and I was hooked.

I miss that Man City - the ones that finished Mid Table and put on a show - Richard Dunne, Shawn Wright-Phillips, Danny Mills, the Manager Kevin Keegan.

The girls have grown and I don't follow like I used to, however since they've been sold what twice or 3 times now, they just ain't the same team.

I need a new team to support, a proper English Football team.

The bars open fellas, thoughts ?

The Seattle Seahawks... O you mean that other football sport (if you can call it that) lol... Just playing... I know it is one of if not the most popular sport outside the US.
    Last edited by Motodunner; 07-05-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motodunner View Post
    The Seattle Seahawks... O you mean that other football sport (if you can call it that) lol... Just playing... I know it is one of if not the most popular sport outside the US.
    Ah hahahaha, this forum needs more smileys, the one I was thinking of using is missing..
    If pain is fear leaving the body, I must be "Fearless"

Quote Originally Posted by cynkrzy View Post
    Ah hahahaha, this forum needs more smileys, the one I was thinking of using is missing..
    I will get onto this, I agree the forumcould do with another set of smilies

Quote Originally Posted by MT-10 Forum View Post
    I will get onto this, I agree the forumcould do with another set of smilies
    Cool, the whole "a picture is worth a thousand words..." thing
    If pain is fear leaving the body, I must be "Fearless"

Did you manage to find a team to follow.

I've worked in a few English teams over the past few years. Huddersfield Town, Bolton Wanderers, Blackburn Rovers & Manchester City.

I had a good three years at Huddersfield Town where as contractors to the club the relationship with management was down to earth & friendly. When they got promoted from the second to the first division 1n 1995 the club took all the staff to Wembley to watch the Play off finals & we were treated to full hospitality. The other clubs treated all of the contract staff like cnuts. If I waas looking for a real club to follow they'd be my choice, they've just been promoted to the Premiership for the first time. They have a great Heritage. Otherwise you could follow the sheep & support Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City.

Have always been fond of Liverpool who have been underachievers for the past 20 years and also Arsenal who could be ones to follow that will always come in the top 1/2 of the table

For the past 5 years I've been involved in Rugby Union working for Scarlets who play in the Rabbo 12 league. Now that's a proper mans game without any massive Ego's.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]