Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mpg

Quote Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
    Even the mid 40's isn't great and it's stopping me from pulling the pin on a SP. I've got two bikes at the moment and trying to find something that can do a bit of everything. Kind of figured it would tour well enough with the panniers and screen yet still sporty enough for fun.

That kind of fuel range though would be annoying on a long trip.
    Fredaronny your mpg reasons to not get a MT/SP 10 are not logical or sensible. You are not serious.

On a trip to Spain I’ve ridden over 130 miles and still had few litres of fuel remaining. In some mega twisty Pico mountain roads a 150 Miles route can take around 4 or 5 hours depending on photos and lunch stops so stopping after riding for hours on end is no problem to stop for fuel, the spainish even fill the bike up for you, lol.

I used to carry a 2 litre fuel can, that I have never needed, so I stopped bring it. You are looking for silly excuses not to do rather than reasons to do and buy a great all round motorbike. I’m not going to cokes or convince you it's you loss / your decision, I have used my MT for a wide spectrum of bat out of hell and super trips / tours etc all done fantastically by the MT. I’m more than happy.

I agree with the Mechanic’s statements above ^ which are logical and correct.

Fredaronny, Quit with the finding girlie reasons and you’d be easy annoyed excuses and man up and stop dreaming on perfection. The MT the best and dam near ideal for all road riding.
    Last edited by X Plane; 10-08-2017 at 08:20 AM.
    Yamaha MT-10, > 13k miles | 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 85k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.

Quote Originally Posted by X Plane View Post
    Fredaronny your mpg reasons to not get a MT/SP 10 are not logical or sensible. You are not serious.

On a trip to Spain I’ve riddem over 130 miles and still had fuel. In some mega twisty Pico mountain roads a 150 Miles can take around 4 or 5 hours depending on photos and lunch stops so stopping after riding for hours on end is no problem. I used to carry a 2 litre fuel can, that I have never needed, so I stopped bring it. You are looking for silly excuses not to do rather than reasons to buy a great all round motorbike. I’m not going to cokes convince you it's you loss / your decision, I used my MT for a wide spectrum of bat out of hell and super trips / tours etc all done fantastically by the MT.

I agree with the Mechanic’s statements above ^ which are logical and correct.

Fredaronny, Quit with the finding girlie reasons you are annoyed excuses and man up and stop dreaming on perfection. The MT the best and dam near ideal for all road riding.
    How do you know if I'm serious or not?? I'm still most likely going to get one but it's made me hold off for now.

I don't need a lecture on what bike I want or what I want to use it for thanks. I've been riding for 26 years and pretty damn sure I know what I want.

Don't be such a smartarse

How do you know if I'm serious or not?? I'm still most likely going to get one but it's made me hold off for now.

I don't need a lecture on what bike I want or what I want to use it for thanks. I've been riding for 26 years and pretty damn sure I know what I want.

Don't be such a smartarse
    Fredaronny. Please do not be offended by my directness. I am Not trying to be any type of lecturer, lol, or be a smart arse, i am just sharing info tho with my perspective. Glad this may jolt you to do or to not do.

If you were for buying and you know what you want then that is good. But why then ask forum here or why hold off as the bike’s mpg or range will not Change by holding off. Anyhow, don’t take offence, we agree biking is class. I answer to share and possible jolt and I say as I see and find it.
    Last edited by X Plane; 10-08-2017 at 08:39 AM.
    Yamaha MT-10, > 13k miles | 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 85k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

Quote Originally Posted by X Plane View Post
    Fredaronny. Please do not be offended by my directness. I am Not trying to a lecturer, lol, or be a smart arse, i,m just sharing info with my perspective. Glad this may jolt you to do or to not do.

If you were for buying and you know what you want then that is good. But why then ask forum here or why hold off as the bike’s mpg or range will not Change by waiting. Anyhow, don’t take offence, we agree biking is class. I answer to share and possible jolt and I say as I see and find it.
    Fair enough and perhaps I was a little hasty in my response.

Fair enough and perhaps I was a little hasty in my response.
    No worries. Cheers.

I have never had a street bike chew as much fuel as my MT-10SP, then again I have never had a street bike that was this much fun either. Picked mine up from a dealer having never even test ridden an MT and didn't realise how much fuel they use, bothered me for about ten seconds and plan my trips accordingly. Mate
    I ride with has a V-max, now thats a proper gas guzzler....

Best I had was 50,4 UK MPG / 5.6l/100km
    2000 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
    2017 MT-10 SP

MPG is inverse to horsepower (and itís usage)

My 75 hp F700GS consistently gets 56 mpg (US)
    75 hp FZ(MT)07 55 mpg (US)
    115 hp FZ-09 45 mpg
    160 hp FZ-10 35 mpg
    170 hp Tuono V4 32 mpg

These numbers can easily be verified at Fuelly.com

Bigger fuel tanks generally mean heavier bikes and reduced mpg.

Good luck finding a fast bike that takes you 200-250 miles per tank. 120 miles is very typical. Plenty of new FZ-10 owners initially complain about that range, but learn to accept the trade off. If thatís a deal breaker, donít buy the bike.

I ended up with the F700GS for other reasons. MPG was not one of them, just a bonus.
    Last edited by Tigershark; 10-08-2017 at 02:53 PM.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    MPG is inverse to horsepower (and it’s usage)

My 75 hp F700GS consistently gets 56 mpg (US)
    75 hp FZ(MT)07 55 mpg (US)
    115 hp FZ-09 45 mpg
    160 hp FZ-10 35 mpg
    170 hp Tuono V4 32 mpg

These numbers can easily be verified at Fuelly.com

Bigger fuel tanks generally mean heavier bikes and reduced mpg.

Good luck finding a fast bike that takes you 200-250 miles per tank. 120 miles is very typical. Plenty of new FZ-10 owners initially complain about that range, but learn to accept the trade off. If that’s a deal breaker, don’t buy the bike.

I ended up with the F700GS for other reasons. MPG was not one of them, just a bonus.
    Well said Tiger. Here’s a pic of my MT in my new favourite petrol (sorry Gas) Station.

BADE4F5D-4527-43F0-BD39-9240C440376D.jpg

RiaŮo in Northern Spain, they even come out and fill the bike for ya. Note minimum €10 Euro card use, but they let me off. Plus I bought liquids that were dearer than the darn Gas/Petrol for my own personal consumption. Great place.

Quote Originally Posted by MT10gaz View Post
    Thanks for your really positive reply,what a friendly forum.
    Don't take offence mate it was said tongue in cheek. Ridden carefully it will average over 40 mpg .

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk