Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mpg

Mpg

After hearing stories of 26mpg and the most of 38 even when running in,i thought that would slightly spoil an otherwise excellent bike,as there are bikes out there with more bhp and they still manage mpg in the 40's,well now iv'e got over 300miles on it I am getting 43.7mpg,that's was from the dash but to back it up,i put exactly 3 gallons in and got 132mls so well happy,my way of running bikes in is working for my mt10 so now 100% happy with it.

That will change once it's run in ! It can empty it's tank in eighty odd miles if you want mpg buy something else !

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your really positive reply,what a friendly forum.

You don't buy this bike to watch the mpg digits! Just ride the fuka and keep filling it up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Over the first 4000 miles I am averaging just over 40mpg

Quote Originally Posted by MT10gaz View Post
    Thanks for your really positive reply,what a friendly forum.
    Yep, standard idiot responses to a genuine question.

I'm getting a 8L/100 km average.

Sent from X-wing

> 13400 Miles on mine. I’ve seen mid thirties uk mpg on some rides & ranged reasonably up into the four-ties on trips.

All said & done it’s a naxed litre bike that can go like a stabbed rat.
    Last edited by X Plane; 10-07-2017 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Shortened
    Yamaha MT-10, > 13k miles | 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 85k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.

Quote Originally Posted by X Plane View Post
    > 13400 Miles on mine. I’ve seen mid thirties uk mpg on some rides & ranged reasonably up into the four-ties on trips.

All said & done it’s a naxed litre bike that can go like a stabbed rat.
    Even the mid 40's isn't great and it's stopping me from pulling the pin on a SP. I've got two bikes at the moment and trying to find something that can do a bit of everything. Kind of figured it would tour well enough with the panniers and screen yet still sporty enough for fun.

That kind of fuel range though would be annoying on a long trip.

Quote Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
    Even the mid 40's isn't great and it's stopping me from pulling the pin on a SP. I've got two bikes at the moment and trying to find something that can do a bit of everything. Kind of figured it would tour well enough with the panniers and screen yet still sporty enough for fun.

That kind of fuel range though would be annoying on a long trip.
    I guess it depends on what you call a long trip. I don't know where in the MT world you are, as you have chosen to leave that detail off your member description. I know a lot of lads in the USA do 800 mile trip regularly, I suppose then, fuel consumption could be a pain. However, I did Switzerland and back via Holland, Germany, Belgium and France and Luxembourg in June 2200 miles all in, 100+ miles to a tank, consumption never was an issue. Then again, I have had bikes which did far less to the gallon, RG500 averaged 26, NS400, 28, Kawasaki H2 750, 28 mpg, Honda SP-1 full to fuel light in 85 miles regularly. The MT does pretty much everything I want from a bike these days. This bike does nutter if you wish and tourer too. If Yamaha ironed out the one or two bugs it does have, it would be perfect, but it is pretty close as it is.