Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mpg

Quote Originally Posted by Powders View Post
    I've come from a s1krr and I know it's totally different but it did return great Mpg, however it was the most unreliable bike I've ever had and I'd never buy a bmw again. I was on their forum for 2 years and there were some horror stories
    Had a few S1000rr's with issues locally.

Gearbox self destructed and another ate it's inlet cam lobes and followers.

They said Cam lobes were affected on the early models 2010 and 2011's but I've heard xr's being affected too and they came out in 2015

i think mines stuck on 39mpg lol cant seem to get it any higher

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Thanks XPlane. I like to contribute when I think it makes sense. Mostly just a silent observer.

Cheers.
    Yeah me too but it was you who brought other bikes into the picture to prove a point no? http://mt10forum.com/threads/2832-Mp...ll=1#post32104 I was just providing you a counterpoint and didn't even mention what brand of bike I owned until you made your post. Since then you have just been trying to prove me wrong for some reason.

I made it clear what I was looking for early in this thread. I want a sporty bike that can occasionally do long distance runs and here that means sitting on 110kph all day in the middle of no where. I was thinking the MT-10 might work out because it's quite upright (I've sat on one) and hear the comfort seat is quite good. One thing I know is the S1000R sure as shit not the right bike for doing this, for me anyway. Maybe I will just end up with a Super Duke GT in the end as it can do all but was trying to avoid buying another very expensive Euro bike that is potentially unreliable.

Not even replying to X Plane's post as he is back to being a smartarse again
    Last edited by fredaroony; 10-10-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Sorry you feel that way Fred.

Just comparing multiple models as a means of showing that the MT-10 is not a gas miser. I even verified that it was not as economical as the S1000R and that it would only provide 120 miles per tank. Wasn’t that your original complaint? Proving you wrong was not my intention. Funny how things can get misinterpreted when communicated on the web.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Sorry you feel that way Fred.

Just comparing multiple models as a means of showing that the MT-10 is not a gas miser. I even verified that it was not as economical as the S1000R and that it would only provide 120 miles per tank. Wasn’t that your original complaint? Proving you wrong was not my intention. Funny how things can get misinterpreted when communicated on the web.
    Well maybe I'm just trying to have my cake and eat it too in this situation. The other consideration was reliability and that's obviously a big plus for Yamaha's.

My bike is almost out of warranty so is another reason I want to make the switch.

Might see if I can get a test ride on the SP this weekend but it's supposed to rain.

I average 42-43mpg according to the on screen calculator.

My F Trip light normally starts flashing between 120-125 miles which according to the manual means here is another 4 litres in. I've ridden 15 miles whilst fuel trip was flashing and managed to get just shy of 15.5 litres in filled right to the brim. So I would say maximum of 130-140 miles per tank as I think most people ride in a more spirited manner than me.

I do wish it had a "miles left" counter like the S1000R. My old one would read 162 miles available on a Full tank, unfortunately I never got to test whether it was accurate or not due to the repeated failings of the bike! The S1KR does hold .5 litre more as well

^ Yep, same here, around 130 to 140 is fairly close to the max range limit.
    Yamaha MT-10, > 13k miles | 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 85k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.

Quote Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
    Well maybe I'm just trying to have my cake and eat it too in this situation. The other consideration was reliability and that's obviously a big plus for Yamaha's.

My bike is almost out of warranty so is another reason I want to make the switch.

Might see if I can get a test ride on the SP this weekend but it's supposed to rain.
    Best of luck with your test ride and whatever you decide to get next.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Best of luck with your test ride and whatever you decide to get next.
    Thanks for that