(yellow) engine warning light

There are much wiser heads on this forum than me and I thought I might ask for their opinion (s)

I took out the exhaust value ( that sits on cat) motor under the seat and replaced with a eliminator gismo from e bay.

From that day on the engine light has been on. Damn it.

So i put the motor back in ( under the seat) and the light is still on

I also have a booster plug installed. But I unplugged that too and YES you guessed it that light stays on.

Any suggestions from the forum?

Get a dealer to clear the error code for you or buy yourself an obd reader and the Yamaha 4 pin harness and clear it yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Buy a good brand exup eliminator
    Trow away the shitty booster plug (150$ for a resistor ,they are pretty able to troll and make money)
    Clear or let clear the fault code
    In my garages : Honda cbr1000rr 04 / cbr1000rrSP 14 / cbr1000 rrsp2 17 ,cb1000r 2015 / cre500SM 03 / VFR1200F 11 /Bmw S1000r 15 / S1000rr 15 / Suzuki gsx-s1000 16 /Yamaha mt10(M) 16 / mt10 sp 17/ mt09 17 /aprilia tuono 1100 factory 16 / suzuki gsxr 1000 k2-k5 / ZeroSR 16 /Few (12) gsx-r oil cooled

For some reason the light will stay on until it is re-set, other bike manufacturers have it turn itself off if the fault doesn't keep happening, 3 heat cycles for a minor fault and more for a more serious issue on both Triumph's I have owned.

As Rizla said, buy the adaptor and a OBD2 code reader and clear it yourself.
    Last edited by Stonesie; 10-08-2017 at 08:48 PM.

If you look in the service manual at page 34 (1-25) you can see how to reset the ECU.
    - Swith to ON
    - Switch to OFF
    - After 5 seconds switch to ON.

The ECU will be reset and the yellow Bulb gets off. After the reset the bike will drive less nice. The first 50 miles the ECU will rebuild all his mapping again, fuel, air exup etc....

Quote Originally Posted by MT-10-Biker View Post
    If you look in the service manual at page 34 (1-25) you can see how to reset the ECU.
    - Swith to ON
    - Switch to OFF

The ECU will be reset and the yellow Bulb gets off. After the reset the bike will drive less nice. The first 50 miles the ECU will rebuild all his mapping again, fuel, air exup etc....
    This isnít true at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MT-10-Biker View Post
    - Swith to ON
    - Switch to OFF

Must be an extra euro/orange/Nederland version , cause bikes from rest of the world does not work like that.....
    In my garages : Honda cbr1000rr 04 / cbr1000rrSP 14 / cbr1000 rrsp2 17 ,cb1000r 2015 / cre500SM 03 / VFR1200F 11 /Bmw S1000r 15 / S1000rr 15 / Suzuki gsx-s1000 16 /Yamaha mt10(M) 16 / mt10 sp 17/ mt09 17 /aprilia tuono 1100 factory 16 / suzuki gsxr 1000 k2-k5 / ZeroSR 16 /Few (12) gsx-r oil cooled

Quote Originally Posted by stobieone View Post
    There are much wiser heads on this forum than me and I thought I might ask for their opinion (s)

I took out the exhaust value ( that sits on cat) motor under the seat and replaced with a eliminator gismo from e bay.

From that day on the engine light has been on. Damn it.

So i put the motor back in ( under the seat) and the light is still on

I also have a booster plug installed. But I unplugged that too and YES you guessed it that light stays on.

Any suggestions from the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonesie View Post
    For some reason the light will stay on until it is re-set, other bike manufacturers have it turn itself off if the fault doesn't keep happening, 3 heat cycles for a minor fault and more for a more serious issue on both Triumph's I have owned...
    Stonesie, The Reason the light stays on is Euro 4 regs make the bike retain the light on even if it’s an intermittent fault, fault is cured or even if fault is just an intermittent bad connection.

Yep, Older Euro 3 regs bikes are allowed to and will reset the light themselves, as you say after 3 heat to fan on and cool cycles, if the fault is cured or gone. Not so with all this newer darn Euro 4 regs bikes as they have to hold the light on even when fault is gone. Hence dealer or own OBD2 kit reset is required.
    Last edited by X Plane; 10-09-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Yamaha MT-10, > 13k miles | 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 85k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.