Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    You'll get more when or if you tour on it, I was regularly filling up at 90-100 miles, but going away on it 130 miles is fine to fill up.
    To be fair I was worried about it when I went round France in june, It wasn't a issue at all, I went with mates with s1000r and smt990 and we all said the same.yes mine used the most fuel , but not by a lot
    Man maths with a dose of alcohol is always a winner!!

Does anyone notice a difference in millage between different fuel grades?
    I do mainly fast (180kmh - 250kmh) autobahn riding. I get about 20km more before the tank light starts to flash on Super Plus (98 octane) the on Super (95 octane).
    Thats 140km instead of 120km before tank light flashes. I notice no difference in engine performance or smoothness between the fuel grades, just it goes a little further.
    Anyone else notice the same?
    Stop the world. I want to get back on!

Quote Originally Posted by Loz View Post
    Does anyone notice a difference in millage between different fuel grades?
    I do mainly fast (180kmh - 250kmh) autobahn riding. I get about 20km more before the tank light starts to flash on Super Plus (98 octane) the on Super (95 octane).
    Thats 140km instead of 120km before tank light flashes. I notice no difference in engine performance or smoothness between the fuel grades, just it goes a little further.
    Anyone else notice the same?
    Travellng at that speed I would say the connection consumption is good!

Have found 98 RON fuel seems to get a few more k's out of a tank, gets more dollars out of my wallet too.

Quote Originally Posted by boyracer081 View Post
    Travellng at that speed I would say the connection consumption is good!

Have found 98 RON fuel seems to get a few more k's out of a tank, gets more dollars out of my wallet too.
    I have no complaints about the fuel consumption. It's about the same as my previous R1 and ZX10R.
    I agree though, the more Euros for 98 octain is too much for the few extra k's.

Fuel consumption

Quote Originally Posted by Loz View Post
    I have no complaints about the fuel consumption. It's about the same as my previous R1 and ZX10R.
    I agree though, the more Euros for 98 octain is too much for the few extra k's.
    If I can get my flash tune active tune working again I had planned to compare some different fuels and record what trims the active tune was doing with each fuel on the same ride and roughly same air pressure, that way I could get a feel for what fuel the MT likes to consume.

Sounds interesting. Can you post the results when you get it sorted.
    Be good to know what juice is preferd (whiskey or vodka)