Backside soaked/under the seat covered in water.

The other day I was riding on wet roads just after it had rained and my entire butt/back was soaked while the rest of my body was dry (it had stopped raining before I started my ride, the roads were just wet still). It's almost like the under tail isn't sealed at all because when I pull off my seat, it is soaking wet under there as well. My R6 and FZ07 would always stay dry under the seat and for the most part, keep my back side dry (unless it was raining obviously. Has anyone noticed this?

I have tried to find a larger rear fender but there doesn't seem to be much out there. Will the R1 fenders work?

I have the same experience, my backside getting wet on a wet road. Under the seat it is still dry though.It is because on a wet road water from the rear wheel is thrown on the backseat and then dribbles to the front where you sit. Some say the tail tidy is the cause of that. The longer OEM license plateholder prevents that , more or less. The R1 fender is exactly the same as the FZ10/MT-10. There are extenders available I think.

The rear of the bike is so narrow I think you'll never get rid of the spray... No matter which type of tail tidy/oem you have.
    2000 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
    2017 MT-10 SP

I still have the the OEM plate holder and have never had any issues riding on wet roads but that depends on just how wet the roads really are. I do find that having the OEM rear rack installed also helps this issue.

Not that I ride in the rain/wet roads very often but it sucks that it seems to be just a thing I have to deal with on the FZ/MT10.

I am going to put a carrier on the back with a back rest for my lady so maybe that will help some when I have it on.

If you have a carrier rack and passenger, you will be dry but your passenger will be wet
    If you close the gap between the rack and passenger seat, you and your passenger will stay dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Freebs View Post
    Not that I ride in the rain/wet roads very often but it sucks that it seems to be just a thing I have to deal with on the FZ/MT10.

I am going to put a carrier on the back with a back rest for my lady so maybe that will help some when I have it on.
    1984 BMW K100 Custom
    2017 MT-10 Night Fluo