Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boyracer081 View Post
    Agree,

He over cooked it. Lucky, no VERY lucky boy.
    Yup. B Mode, TC1 & 3rd gear fast acceleration (initial second of strategic footage supplied) fired him up in to the turn too hot quicker than he realised and that caught him out.

As some say better to low side due to over leaning. A Lucky dude. Scary moment I bet.
    Last edited by X Plane; 08-13-2017 at 06:48 AM.
    Yamaha MT-10, > 13k miles | 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 85k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.

also the problem with braking on a bend is the bike will strighten up, then your never getting round the corner

Not with the new Bosch corner abs I hear. Which we do not have. And we can do some steering with applying throttle, with the tc enabled. If you dare, that is

Sent from X-wing

Whilst I feel for this bloke, I really hope Yamaha or his insurance company check out his head stock and steering damper. If his steering did lock up, I would be keen to know the cause, seeing as Yamaha now have an FZ/MT launching off a cliff all over the world on social media. Im still leaning towards enthusiasm over ability here as the root cause.

Quote Originally Posted by boyracer081 View Post
    Whilst I feel for this bloke, I really hope Yamaha or his insurance company check out his head stock and steering damper. If his steering did lock up, I would be keen to know the cause, seeing as Yamaha now have an FZ/MT launching off a cliff all over the world on social media. Im still leaning towards enthusiasm over ability here as the root cause.
    It's Rider Error ^ ... Yeah, "enthusiasm over ability here as the root cause" is right correct yup.

'Steering locked' that's a classic hurt pride, poor and incorrect fib non truth nonsense excuse.

Therefore, now come on and come off it I really hope Yamaha and his insurance company will not waste their time investigating that bogus statement.

A look at the video says operator error. Why did the video not start at in the previous corner(s)...

Next you'll be asking Yamaha & Insurance company to check the balance of bikes if any rider should fall asleep or worse have a health problem like a stroke etc that causes a fall off the bike

Face it, he accelerated to quick from previous corner to that corner for his abilities.. The bike caught him out, B Mode, TC1 and 3rd gear nailing it caught him out. He has illegality said that he will no longer ride motorbikes; well that says to me that he does not trust he's abilities or trust himself.

Look again at first seconds of video, Operator error. The bike in B Mode powered towards the bend far too quick for his cornering abilities and he panic braked to late and too deep in, he didn't tip in that much he panicked braked too late.
    Last edited by X Plane; 08-13-2017 at 04:31 PM.
    Yamaha MT-10, > 13k miles | 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 85k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.

Quote Originally Posted by X Plane View Post
    It's Rider Error ^ ... Yeah, "enthusiasm over ability here as the root cause" is right correct yup.

'Steering locked' that's a classic hurt pride, poor and incorrect fib non truth nonsense excuse.

Therefore, now come on and come off it I really hope Yamaha and his insurance company will not waste their time investigating that bogus statement.

A look at the video says operator error. Why did the video not start at in the previous corner(s)...

Next you'll be asking Yamaha & Insurance company to check the balance of bikes if any rider should fall asleep or worse have a health problem like a stroke etc that causes a fall off the bike

Face it, he accelerated to quick from previous corner to that corner for his abilities.. The bike caught him out, B Mode, TC1 and 3rd gear nailing it caught him out. He has illegality said that he will no longer ride motorbikes; well that says to me that he does not trust he's abilities or trust himself.

Look again at first seconds of video, Operator error. The bike in B Mode powered towards the bend far too quick for his cornering abilities and he panic braked to late and too deep in, he didn't tip in that much he panicked braked too late.

Completely agree , he bottled it
    Done it myself many years ago at donny on Maclean's , straight in the kitty litter , if he's turning his handlebars at that speed he's fucked anyway imho

Quote Originally Posted by X Plane View Post

Thats a very good point, if he was confident it was mechanical failure why would you quit riding? The bike is awesome, cant imagine what it would be like to launch of the edge like that I and I hope to never find out. Cant believe the fool made the footage public, every rider I have come across so far says rider fault clear as day.

MT/ FZ-10 down in the US

Its Lemmings that jump from cliffs?

https://youtu.be/0-1aVVEKep0

Ha ha ha.Tears were rolling down my cheeks when he went " AAAAgh"
    Watch his shadow on the bush to th mid lower right of the clip.
    Loads of air.
    Had he smacked the stoby i wouldn't of laughed and he was luckey there.
    Bottled it in the first degree.
    we watched this loads of times ,sic but funny.
    If steering had locked he would of slid off when he hit the gravel and nose bounced over the drop.
    Lucky lad really.
    Last edited by Dave; 08-14-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Target fixation. Big time! Full marks for getting some air though. Don't believe this dude was ever a truly dedicated motorcyclist. If he was he would proudly show the vid and say, "I fucked up, but check the footage!"
    "That bike man, it's all fins and rods and edges and noise"