Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mones booked in for 11th Oct, Darren repeated lack of damping in rear shock, going the whole hog with front springs and Oil, as well as a revalve on rear...399+ vat, will let you know then.I thought a member in cambs had his booked in, no posts yet..

Quote Originally Posted by BigLee View Post
    ... and wasn't expecting them to suggest a stronger spring.
    I was just and so too heavy for the oe spring so plumped for the nice yellow ohlins
    No work done on the front as I found it ok so far but the rear was harsh
    Rear Harshness is Shock bottoming out bashing/banging against bump stop.

Hence, stronger spring with revalving for better damping for bumps and spring recoil needed. Stock Shock is weak crap.
    Last edited by X Plane; 08-09-2017 at 06:49 AM.
    Yamaha MT-10, > 13k miles | 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 85k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.

By the sounds of what Darren says, yes it is I suppose they have to save money somewhere and then bring a bike out with the weak suspension sorted 👍

By the sounds of what Darren says, yes it is I suppose they have to save money somewhere and then bring a bike out with the weak suspension sorted ��
    My local Yamaha Man says that all the MT range were built to a price, hence the suspension, brake pads & all the accesories that are available as upgrades.

A good base to start from & you can personalise as you wish or not.

I'VE NOW SORTED THE suspension & brakes & made some tasteful additions (IMO) and am now happy with the way the bike looks and performs. Would like to re-map but nobody close by enough to me to sort out at the moment.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Managed to get the shock fitted and test rode last night
    Still a firm ride but nowhere near as harsh, before it was actually hurting my neck but the same bumps were absorbed brilliantly. The yellow ohlins spring looks great and was positioned so the ohlins print on the spring can be seen by people admiring the bike lol!
    Well worth the £300 and much more performance than an expensive exhaust

Managed to get the shock fitted and test rode last night
    Still a firm ride but nowhere near as harsh, before it was actually hurting my neck but the same bumps were absorbed brilliantly. The yellow ohlins spring looks great and was positioned so the ohlins print on the spring can be seen by people admiring the bike lol!
    Well worth the £300 and much more performance than an expensive exhaust
    Thats good to know mate, going to get mine sent there Monday.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Finaly got my R1 shock sent and returned from MCT . Rebuilt and fitted with Ohlins 95N spring. I have onl been to filling station and back solo but now done almost 300 miles 2 up. Got to give a big thumbs up as its like night and day no more bottoming out and unexpected wheelies everytime i run over a matchstick lol. Cant wait to get out on my own.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk