Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone used MCT suspension ?

I am considering having my rear shock rebuilt with a heavier spring. I have read some good reports about MCT on other forums, just wondering if anyone on here has used them ?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Not heard of any MT/FZ owners using MCT.

OEM Shock needs to be revalved too; an especially more so with a beefier spring.

So bear in mind the total cost; as a Nitron (mid range) R2 quality shock and correct spring for your weight is in the 580 + Vat region.

And good base R1 385 + Vat. Top R3 Race 655+Vat.

http://www.nitron.co.uk/catalogue_main.php?catID=13459

http://www.nitron.co.uk/catalogue_it...9&prodID=87239
    Last edited by X Plane; 08-07-2017 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Added URL links
    Yamaha MT-10, 10k miles| 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 75k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.

Yeah i had been thinking about getting a nitron. I had a good chat with the guy at MCT after hearing good reports. They can re- valve and fit a heavier spring to the standard shock for under 300 so i think i will give them a try. A bit easier to justify than 600+ for a new shock.

Quote Originally Posted by budge View Post
    Yeah i had been thinking about getting a nitron. I had a good chat with the guy at MCT after hearing good reports. They can re- valve and fit a heavier spring to the standard shock for under 300 so i think i will give them a try. A bit easier to justify than 600+ for a new shock.

Sounds good. I was lucky I got secondhand Nitron half price. Continue posting on how it goes. Best wishes.
    Last edited by X Plane; 08-08-2017 at 06:36 AM.
    Yamaha MT-10, 10k miles| 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 75k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.

Cheers X Plane will do.

I'm getting my shock back from MCT tomorrow! My last 2 bikes have had work done to them by Darren and is worth every penny. My MT10 is getting an ohlins spring fitted, that Darren recommended, as I'm a big lad at 120 kgs with full kit, in my defence I'm 6'6" and its cost 300 but I did post it down to them.
    Hopefully get it fitted tomorrow and a ride out soon after. I found the oe very harsh on bumpy road and wasn't expecting them to suggest a stronger spring.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLee View Post
    I'm getting my shock back from MCT tomorrow! My last 2 bikes have had work done to them by Darren and is worth every penny. My MT10 is getting an ohlins spring fitted, that Darren recommended, as I'm a big lad at 120 kgs with full kit, in my defence I'm 6'6" and its cost 300 but I did post it down to them.
    Hopefully get it fitted tomorrow and a ride out soon after. I found the oe very harsh on bumpy road and wasn't expecting them to suggest a stronger spring.
    They said they were doing an MT10 shock for a customer when i spoke to them the other day so was probably yours BigLee He said the spring wasnt the main issue as much as the damping but when i told him my weight was 125+kg he reckoned a spring would be required lol. I am keen to hear your verdict after a ride. Did you have any work on the forks ? He said a change of oil and different air gap would improve them also.

Oh by the way i have no defence for my weight other than working in a pie factory as im a mere 6' tall lol.

I was just and so too heavy for the oe spring so plumped for the nice yellow ohlins
    No work done on the front as I found it ok so far but the rear was harsh

Quote Originally Posted by BigLee View Post
    I was just and so too heavy for the oe spring so plumped for the nice yellow ohlins
    No work done on the front as I found it ok so far but the rear was harsh
    Same here, i have had it just 12 months now and have just twiddled with things. I dont like throwing money at a bike then swapping it so ive hung on till ive decided to keep it another year or two.