Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lots of spam, forum on the way out?

Getting a lot of spam now, are we on the slippery slope of the forum being unusable soon?

Could be wrong, but spamming seemed to coincide with the doomsday preppers from another site that recently posted telling us this forum was dead in the water and to jump ship.
    Just block the f@#kers.

Lots?! Nah, no, only handful of created harmless, made up, bogus spam designed to cause panic & try to have folk jump ship.

Don't fall for the other sites game. Site still remains useable.

The Captain is off the bridge, but auto-pilot and auto (real) spam filters been running well for ages and to at least November.

"13709 Spammers Denied Registration".
    "1056 Spammy Posts Automatically Moderated".

Kind Offers have been made to owner Andy for continuation of this site...

Use the IGNORE feature on the profile of pretend spammers...

By all means have or line up other options. let's see what winter brings.

Around 2000 registered users here and > 29000 posts from the very beginning of the MT/FZ-10 Launch, this site is a gold mine.

#Loyalty
    Last edited by X Plane; 08-07-2017 at 10:42 AM.
    Yamaha MT-10, 10k miles| 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 75k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.

Totally agree with all that Xplane..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^
    Good perspective, it's only one dickhead who needs to get a life that's being a pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by X Plane View Post

But i did not answer right????
    Sad situation BTW
    In my garages : Honda cbr1000rr 04 / cbr1000rrSP 14 / cbr1000 rrsp2 17 ,cb1000r 2015 / cre500SM 03 / VFR1200F 11 /Bmw S1000r 15 / S1000rr 15 / Suzuki gsx-s1000 16 /Yamaha mt10(M) 16 / mt10 sp 17/ aprilia tuono 1100 factory 16 / suzuki gsxr 1000 k2-k5 / ZeroSR 16 /Few (12) gsx-r oil cooled

Quote Originally Posted by Clemo View Post
    Totally agree with all that X Plane ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikran Makto View Post
    ^
    Good perspective, it's only one dickhead who needs to get a life that's being a pain in the arse.
    Thanks. Just one to Ignore,

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider.1127 View Post
    But i did not answer right????
    Sad situation BTW
    Think you are right.
    Yeah, quite sad. Tho his conscious could yet make a appearance or take a decision.

#glass-still-half-full-approach
    Yamaha MT-10, 10k miles| 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 75k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.

It isnt the us from fz10 .org doing the spam, lol. Nobody is updating the security settings for this website. Nobody has uploaded the many vbulletin security patches that have been released since last year when the owner went AWOL. These are facts.

Forums that don't have up to date security patches are wide open for spam software to take ahold.

This domain expires on November 16th. The domain company will probably 30 days grace, and then this entire website will disappear by January.

I have sent the owner multiple messages offering to buy this forum and update it. No replies. He hasn't even logged in since last year.
    Last edited by yankeeonfz10; 08-11-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by X Plane View Post
    Lots?! Nah, no, only handful of created harmless, made up, bogus spam designed to cause panic & try to have folk jump ship.

Don't fall for the other sites game. Site still remains useable.

The Captain is off the bridge, but auto-pilot and auto (real) spam filters been running well for ages and to at least November.

"13709 Spammers Denied Registration".
    "1056 Spammy Posts Automatically Moderated".

Use the IGNORE feature on the profile of pretend spammers...

By all means have or line up other options. let's see what winter brings.

Around 2000 registered users here and > 29000 posts from the very beginning of the MT/FZ-10 Launch, this site is a gold mine.

#Loyalty
    Do you seriously believe that the spam is coming from the other fz10 forum? Do you wear tin foil on your head, too? Websites that do not update their security patches get attacked by spammers. Last years spam settings for vbulletin have been compromised, and nobody is here to update the changes.

What will you do when you come to login in January and there is nothing here?

X-plane and co ,I want to agree but you must admit it is getting to be a poor forum,ive been a member of 6 in the last 10years this is fast becoming the worst, B=====D spammers.