Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New SP biker from Norway

Hello all!

Bought my SP last week. Got the last SP they had in stock from Hamburg. They seem to be in high demand!
    So I'll get it this upcoming week. It feels like forever...

Can't wait for the upcoming 1400 mile roadtrip in July.

Fitting it with a comfort seat and a rear carrier for my top box for the tour.

I'll have to run it in and do the service before the trip.
    From what I've read, the rear tire will be enough for the run-in + trip, around 2000+ miles.

Looking forward to every moment!

Congrats, fantastic bike enjoy. Where you going on your roadtrip?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Congratultion! Another norwegian here and I also own an sp. Getting the first service done on friday

Quote Originally Posted by Stein View Post
    Congratultion! Another norwegian here and I also own an sp. Getting the first service done on friday
    It was a dream bike, and with the new regulation coming the 1st July I just had to pull the trigger! How was the first 1k?

(Tried posting the route, but all my post with google maps link get removed?)

Quote Originally Posted by Rishnak View Post
    It was a dream bike, and with the new regulation coming the 1st July I just had to pull the trigger! How was the first 1k?
    It handes really well. Like a sportsbike with flat bars im still adjusting to the engine as its somthing quite different from my last bike. An cb1000r witch was nicer motor for crusing right above the speed limit. But i bet the mt10 wil exite once its been ridden in.

It handes really well. Like a sportsbike with flat bars im still adjusting to the engine as its somthing quite different from my last bike. An cb1000r witch was nicer motor for crusing right above the speed limit. But i bet the mt10 wil exite once its been ridden in.
    That's nice to hear! Having a FZS600 atm I should probably have moved a half tier up to the MT09, instead of going for the bonkers MT10. Will be riding it in Standard mode and Traction mode 3 until i get to know it proper.

Buy with your heart, steer with your mind?

That's nice to hear! Having a FZS600 atm I should probably have moved a half tier up to the MT09, instead of going for the bonkers MT10. Will be riding it in Standard mode and Traction mode 3 until i get to know it proper.

As an previous owner of an 98 fazer i think the mt10 will blow your mind the first time you twist the throttle in anger
    Last edited by Stein; 06-18-2017 at 06:52 PM.

... and adopt with your senses! You are in for treat, treat it with respect it's quiet deceiving. Enjoy.

As an previous owner of an 98 fazer i think the mt10 will blow your mind the first time you twist the throttle in anger
    Agree, you are so right
    Yamaha MT-10, 9k miles| 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 70k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.

Already rode my friends Tuono V4. Proper beast that bike. Made me certain that I wanted a big toy!

Will be keeping the Fazer for rainy days and shit weather, and for fun. Have been doing several upgrades on it, latest is an R6 shock conversion.

But there just isnt enough grunt in the 600

Planning some basic protection mods, enginr covers and frame sliders. Anything else I should consider? I dont mind the stock exhaust.