Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    42

    MT-09 side mount license plate holder on the MT-10 ?

    Look at this beauty from R&G... look at it!

    http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/...K/#prettyPhoto

    Now... will it fit an MT-10?

    Tony at R&G could not confirm, which is weird, 'cos he could have just asked the fellas at the workshop.

    Does anyone here know if this will fit our MT-10s?
    1984 BMW K100 Custom
    2017 MT-10 Night Fluo

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    359
    nice looking but im not so sure about the easy to fit part, wonder where the wiring for the plate light goes?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    165
    This should fit no ?

  4. #4
    Senior Member The Mechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    NWUK
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattatay View Post
    Look at this beauty from R&G... look at it!

    http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/...K/#prettyPhoto

    Now... will it fit an MT-10?

    Tony at R&G could not confirm, which is weird, 'cos he could have just asked the fellas at the workshop.

    Does anyone here know if this will fit our MT-10s?
    Hmm, I think the bit R&G are selling is the number plate holder, looking at the side arm, I am pretty sure that is a Yamaha OE part, I may be incorrect, but a geezer I know has an mt-09 and his side arm is identical to the one in the pic.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    42
    You know, when I look at the mount again, I think you're right.
    Meanwhile, I've found two companies doing these mounts - one in Turkey, and another in MAlaysia. But both made a batch and sold, they're not making anymore.

    Sucks bigtime.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mechanic View Post
    Hmm, I think the bit R&G are selling is the number plate holder, looking at the side arm, I am pretty sure that is a Yamaha OE part, I may be incorrect, but a geezer I know has an mt-09 and his side arm is identical to the one in the pic.
    1984 BMW K100 Custom
    2017 MT-10 Night Fluo

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattatay View Post
    You know, when I look at the mount again, I think you're right.
    Meanwhile, I've found two companies doing these mounts - one in Turkey, and another in MAlaysia. But both made a batch and sold, they're not making anymore.

    Sucks bigtime.
    may i ask which company used to do this in Turkey ? i am Turkish and i might find out why did they stop it ? i am quite positive that this should fit the Mt10

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    42
    I am too, hence how I found them through family contacts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    may i ask which company used to do this in Turkey ? i am Turkish and i might find out why did they stop it ? i am quite positive that this should fit the Mt10

    Now, there's this one, but it's too pricey.

    http://www.accessdesign.fr/LICK-WHEE...OR-YAMAHA-MT10
    1984 BMW K100 Custom
    2017 MT-10 Night Fluo

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    may i ask which company used to do this in Turkey ? i am Turkish and i might find out why did they stop it ? i am quite positive that this should fit the Mt10
    Please find out and let us know..I've been searching for something like this all over the internet! I don't think that one will fit, cause if you look carefully, the Nut that holds the bracket on our bikes, is on the other side, and once your flip that bracket around, it will no longer fit our bikes the same way

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3
    Just linked this in another thread. I have ordered one and will report back.

    https://instagram.com/p/BTfRgnKlPxC/

    Pictures on the feed but itís in the vid too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Member Ghostrider.1127's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Berlin (DE) Stockholm (SVE)
    Posts
    498
    I have one out of my 17 brand new MT09
    If someone need measure of something (or want the useless piece) just P.m. me
    In my garages : Honda cbr1000rr 04 / cbr1000rrSP 14 / cbr1000 rrsp2 17 ,cb1000r 2015 / cre500SM 03 / VFR1200F 11 /Bmw S1000r 15 / S1000rr 15 / Suzuki gsx-s1000 16 /Yamaha mt10(M) 16 / mt10 sp 17/ mt09 17 /aprilia tuono 1100 factory 16 / suzuki gsxr 1000 k2-k5 / ZeroSR 16 /Few (12) gsx-r oil cooled

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Enter here your custom content for Block 01
Links
Enter your links here
Join us
Title
Enter your content here