Loaded for Scotland

Just a few pics of my baby loaded ready to zap up to the West Coast of Scotland from Hampshire with the wife. This is my second trip on the MT-10 up there but the first time two up.
    Last year in Jul I had the first service and then ran it in past the 1000 mile mark on my own on the way to Scotland. I clocked up 3000 miles on the day the bike was a month old.
    This time we did about 1600 miles in a week, most of it in pouring rain. The bike was faultless and an absolute joy to ride on motorways or the typical Scottish A and B roads. I wasn't overtaken once away from the motorways and despite the weather, the grip and ride was fantastic. Heated grips were awesome too!
    side_loaded.jpg
    Rear_loaded.jpg
    L_side_loaded.jpg
    Front_loaded.jpg

Fuel consumption was around 42 mpg cruising at a true 77 or 78 mph on the motorway and probably nearer 40 mpg on other roads. I fitted a new S21 rear for the trip and it performed and wore very well matched with the original S20 front. Mods wise, I've got the touring screen, 40mm drop passenger pegs for the wife, QS, heated grips and comfort seat.
    I have to say that I reckon we were well over the 170kg load limit but by putting my tools in my tank bag, I reckon I kept some weight on the front wheel, thereby saving my kidneys when the wife punched me for wheelying too much! I adjusted damping and spring preload at both ends and came up with a great compromise setup for the weight and roads. Probably even better than my solo ride comfort too!
    I'm now on 6500 miles in 10 months and loving the bike. I would never have done this mileage on my 'busa, my knees couldn't have put up with the strain.
    Thanks Yamaha.
    Last edited by blueheart; 06-02-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Cool, looks like you have the mt well sorted for your needs, 42 mpg Thats pretty good it must have wheelie'd real easy though.

Good show. Your wife sounds like a very effective Anti wheelie control, lol
    Yamaha MT-10, 11k miles| 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 80k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.

Awesome. , have fun
    Bike looks great

is that the yamaha 50 litre top box? looks huge

Yes it's the standard 50L box and it's probably the angle I took the photo at that makes it look that big!