Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Longer gearing

Absolutely agree that you can stretch first out pretty far, but that's not by design either. If I took every gear to their limit, I would either be dead or in jail. I'm not a prude by any means, but have found the -10 pretty sweet at both casual and spirited riding. It's all very individual. If I were doing quarter milers, I'd blast off in first gear, not second. That's just not my day to day style. Not everyone is riding this bike to it's limit on every ride. If that's what you do or something close, enjoy. It's certainly capable.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by OffChops View Post
    Mph or Kmhr? I will have to check on the way home, i dont think i can get triple digits (60mphr) in first myself, that being said i am 120kgs and 6ft 2

Sent from an untraceable prepaid burn phone
    MPH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bennyt View Post
    really.. my bike must be different to everybody else then. It does about 80 mph in first gear
    Maybe you dont have the power like our bikes and thats why you cannot do second gear launches

First gear for me is around 65ish mph

that is strange, mine definitely good for 80 mph in first

Quote Originally Posted by grant123 View Post
    Maybe you dont have the power like our bikes and thats why you cannot do second gear launches

First gear for me is around 65ish mph

Scan1.jpg

Nope seems to pull just fine, made pretty much 159hp consistently and 160 hp on the final run, pulls clean right the way through

photo is a bit cack

Guessing it was a damp ride home lol

Where's the fun in hammering the clutch in 2nd and missing that 1st gear goodness, pretty sure mine easily hits 80 in 1st on standard sprockets thought the rpm limiter has been raised by 200 so might account for it.
    You can use it, but itís at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Keall View Post
    Guessing it was a damp ride home lol

Where's the fun in hammering the clutch in 2nd and missing that 1st gear goodness, pretty sure mine easily hits 80 in 1st on standard sprockets thought the rpm limiter has been raised by 200 so might account for it.
    Yeah it was a terrible ride home, it never stopped once from Newbury to Fawley.. yeah rev limit raised also, it is weird peeps saying there's will only do 65 in first.. they must be short shifting. I'm sure anybody can pull away in 2nd gear even 3rd but like you say the clutch defiantly won't last as long as somebody's who pulls away properly..

2016 mt10 and 2017 sp different size rear sprocket. Down 2 on the sp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillpiece1 View Post
    2016 mt10 and 2017 sp different size rear sprocket. Down 2 on the sp.
    ^ That's interesting. And that would explain for me why SP owners has been reporting high/higher than 2016 bikes mpg figures.
    Yamaha MT-10, 10k miles| 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 75k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.