Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    UPDATE
    I haven't ridden the MT for months(it's winter over here)
    I dragged it out of the shed last weekend and washed it and when putting it away noticed it had faulted again. :-(
    Short version
    Don't blow dry your chain with a compressor after washing or lubing it while the motor is running and the bikes in gear(using a race stand) the ECU faults the ABS and traction control out when the front and rear wheel don't rotate at the same speed, and the dealer needs to hook up his computer to clear them :-(
    Looks like it's back to the old 200kph back road blow dry after washing lol
    i just want to know what happened with the SP dash ? there are lots of Second hand SP coming to the market is there anything i should be aware of , i am about to buy the god dammed bike. cant find any info ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    UPDATE
    I haven't ridden the MT for months(it's winter over here)
    I dragged it out of the shed last weekend and washed it and when putting it away noticed it had faulted again. :-(
    Short version
    Don't blow dry your chain with a compressor after washing or lubing it while the motor is running and the bikes in gear(using a race stand) the ECU faults the ABS and traction control out when the front and rear wheel don't rotate at the same speed, and the dealer needs to hook up his computer to clear them :-(
    Looks like it's back to the old 200kph back road blow dry after washing lol
    I'm actually an R1M owner but looking interestingly at the MT10SP to perhaps repalce my Aprilia

The fault you have with oiling the chain with the rear spinning and the front stationary will be code 69 front wheel speed sensor, this will clear if you ride the bike, normally after about 50 metres

If your mode is 'stuck' and cant be changed I believe it's because your ecu may have a fault present, this stops the dash from changing

Quote Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
    I'm actually an R1M owner but looking interestingly at the MT10SP to perhaps repalce my Aprilia

The fault you have with oiling the chain with the rear spinning and the front stationary will be code 69 front wheel speed sensor, this will clear if you ride the bike, normally after about 50 metres

If your mode is 'stuck' and cant be changed I believe it's because your ecu may have a fault present, this stops the dash from changing
    The fault is from washing/cleaning/blow drying the rear wheel/chain while running it in gear and the rear wheel spinning while on race stands, it faults the ecu/dash and you cant change the engine mode settings on the dash until a dealer clears it

Mine is doing the same thing and I haven't dried anything or changed wheel speeds etc. I am stuck in B mode. I assume once the dealer had cleared everything that the dash and buttons to select worked ok again?

Quote Originally Posted by Covertlaugh View Post
    Mine is doing the same thing and I haven't dried anything or changed wheel speeds etc. I am stuck in B mode. I assume once the dealer had cleared everything that the dash and buttons to select worked ok again?
    My dash froze after getting some dyno work done as we removed the ecu at one point.

The bike didn't like this and threw a load of "sensor disconnected" or invalid signal codes.

I read and reset the codes and everything works as it should.

The bike puts itself into a get you home mode which allows you to ride, but shuts you out from making adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Covertlaugh View Post
    Don't get the dealer to do it unless it's free. You can grab a Yam ODB fault reader and reset it your self for 30 odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Charwood23 View Post
    Don't get the dealer to do it unless it's free. You can grab a Yam ODB fault reader and reset it your self for 30 odd.
    do you have a link for that fault reader?

I took mine to Wiz performance who cleared the fault and also did a re flash of the ECU. All modes now work again. Wiz performance actually sell the OBD kit on eBay.