Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2017 SP Dash problems

It's probably to early for others to comment however
    My SP has just clocked over 2000km and for some reason my dash has forgotten that my bike is an SP model and won't allow me to change riding modes and all the other settings, I was given instructions on how to get into the back menu which will change the bike settings between R1/R1M/MTSp etc but the instructions don't work, apparently it gets into the R1's back menu but not the MT10.
    Apparently Yamaha know about it because it's happened before, for unknown reasons.
    I suspect I'm waiting on an email from Japan before my dealer will call me again.
    At the moment I'm stuck in mode3 "touring mode" ;-)
    Has anybody else had this issue
    20170326_193421.jpg
    This is a picture of my SP dash taken last week
    Last edited by Mstevo; 04-03-2017 at 10:41 AM.

This should be a fun post.......
    Yamaha MT10
    KTM Superduke R SE
    Everything else (sold)

Hi There, not got 2000km (closer to 1700) on mine yet a no issues so far. Please keep up informed though of any progress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

what do you meen switch bitween R1/R1M/SP mode ?

I assume you know that you cannot change riding modes whilst bike is moving ? you have to stop then change, all other options can be done whilst riding, as long as you have zero throttle on

went for a ride out with a guy on an sp
    he asked me about changing the riding modes, he was having problems too

interesting this is mentioned, as with the 2017 r6 theres an option to "disable d-mode lockout" and "disable TCS-Mode lockout" when flashing the ECU.

i'm guessing this will become a thing with the 2017 MT10 SP too when flashing is available

Quote Originally Posted by kolbotex View Post
    what do you meen switch bitween R1/R1M/SP mode ?
    I would imagine the display is used on all three machines and behaves differently for each bike, so it has to be set to the correct machine?

Quote Originally Posted by MT10SP View Post
    I would imagine the display is used on all three machines and behaves differently for each bike, so it has to be set to the correct machine?
    Correct, as it was explained to me by my dealer
    I'm dropping the bike off to my dealer mate on Monday so he can plug in his computer and connect over the net to Mr Yamaha and see if they can see whats gone wrong.
    I'll see if I can do a short video of what the dash is doing now and post it up, after my weekend away(car not bike :-( )
    Last edited by Mstevo; 04-21-2017 at 07:58 PM.

I took my bike in for the dealer to check out this problem and they have ordered me a new dash, it will take 2-3 weeks to get here.....I'm still not convinced that is the cause of of the problem , only the symptom. I also discovered in the dead of night when it's really quiet there is a faint buzz sound coming from under the right hand side of the tank when the ignition is on, it's very much like air coming out of a pressurise fuel tank on a hot day?? It sounds like it's coming from the intake manifold servo, if the set up is similar to my old FZ1(i have yet to take the tank off this bike)
    Unfortunately the internet was down yesterday(talk about a 3rd world country) and we couldn't connect to my bike computer....I'm told that's the very last thing the mechanics meant to do???
    The other very interesting thing I found out is that plugging a Yamaha into the computer doesn't give the same diagnosis detail as a car computer, they can tell you if a bulb is broken, the Yamaha program tells you what system is at fault but not what part...it's extremely basic, although you do have to input the bikes VIN number to interface with the bike.
    I will pass on the details about "Hakosuka" problem, the more problems Japan knows about, the quicker and more permanent the fix will be.
    Last edited by Mstevo; 04-25-2017 at 01:45 AM.