Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-E View Post
    Is that a LV decat with Remus can ceramic coated. Looks drop dead gorgeous
    Thanks Wall-E, I was just trying to keep the noise down a bit using the Leo Vince and Remus but its still loud, a better picture in post " Exhaust Pictures"

The minimum I personally run on my bikes is frame sliders and case savers. The Woodcraft stuff we co-developed works...don't ask me how I know.

Axle sliders are nice, too. But not as critical as the frame and engine.

http://www.stoltecmoto.com/shop/yama...frame-sliders/

We've had luck with OES sliders, as well. The woodcraft stuff really stands out because of the strength of their design. The slider has a machined aluminum base that is torqued to the stock specs. It's solid. If only bends if you really whack it. In fact, the last off I had at Summit Point didn't damage the lowside base. It took a flip upon hitting the grass (and landing on an asphalt pad) to SLIGHTLY deform the base. But the plastic aluminum slider is cheaply/easily replaceable, even damaged. The radial mounting bolt doesn't get boogered up after the bike does it's asphalt surfing...

The engine protectors use the same thinking...replaceable pucks. And they work.

On most bikes, the frame sliders do a great job (if they're designed correctly) to save the frame (duh) and radiator. Tank and plastic damage protection is a perk. But the engine usually provides some of the support while sliding.

Lots of options, but we clearly have our pick. That said, any good protection is a solid investment. Despite the factory cast aluminum side covers being inexpensive, one broken cover ends a road trip or track weekend in a hurry. To me, that's the best reason to have the protection.

Well, I've posted all over the place on this subject, I bought the "cheap" Chinese case savers off Ebay, forget those cause they bind on the screws before the screws are torqued properly. Then decided to go with the Woodcraft frame and axle sliders. They are a high quality item, as Nick says the axle sliders prob are more "nice" than essential, but at least they are there. (The cotton reels I have stick out further than the rear axle sliders) - For those in Aus, Stoltec charge actual cost, so don't get put off by the auto quoted postage, it's a good price and great investment. And,.. if anyone here wants to try/modify the Chinese ones PM me and they are yours, - wouldn't feel comfortable onselling them on Ebay. Made a decision to take the risk on the case covers cause my insurance covers a pickup in the event of an accident.

R&G......zero damage!!

^ slight pride dent ��
    Yamaha MT-10, > 13k miles | 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 85k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

MotorBike: an engine with one wheel out front and another one behind.

Quote Originally Posted by X Plane View Post
    ^ slight pride dent ��
    A little bit

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainC View Post
    A little bit
    At least you have the footage caputured to a) show grandkids someday for laugh, lol or b) delete.

Good nout broken on the SP or on you!
    Yamaha MT-10, > 13k miles | 96 Aprilia Pegaso (Re-Built) 655, > 85k | 09 Kawasaki KLX 450R , W/Ends & Other Off-road... | Last / Previous: Yamaha MT-09 7k / Triumph Tiger 955i, 22k, 01 Yamaha YZ 250, 00 Suzuki DRZ 400E & 95 DR 350S ?, 91 Honda CBR 600FM 11k, & 86 Honda VF500F2 12k | 89 Kawasaki KMX 200 & many other 2 strokes...

At least you have the footage caputured to a) show grandkids someday for laugh, lol or b) delete.

Good nout broken on the SP or on you!
    Oh my girlfriend, son, and my mum and dad have had a right laugh. My brother shouted Tiimmmmmbbbbbeeeerrrrrr when he watched it. Git!

Nothing broken, barely noticeable scratches on the bar end and mirror plastic, and a bruised ego!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainC View Post
    Oh my girlfriend, son, and my mum and dad have had a right laugh. My brother shouted Tiimmmmmbbbbbeeeerrrrrr when he watched it. Git!

Nothing broken, barely noticeable scratches on the bar end and mirror plastic, and a bruised ego!
    Priceless footage or slippy footage... good all grand...

A bit tech info ref on bike tip overs:

If the bike had have been switched on or running at the time of tipping over then the tilt switch triggers ECU log; which shuts off fuel pump in event of up the road crash, and a tip would been log recorded in the ECU; a tip over plus any other logged faults can trigger an Engine Managaement Light, if there are other minor faults recorded like stalls or TPS faults etc are logged too.

The Tilt Tip Switch resets itself on lifting up of the bike.

All Should be fine but if an engine check light comes on then a simple dealer reset should sort that; thumbs up.

Priceless footage or slippy footage... good all grand...

A bit tech info ref on bike tip overs:

If the bike had have been switched on or running at the time of tipping over then the tilt switch triggers ECU log; which shuts off fuel pump in event of up the road crash, and a tip would been log recorded in the ECU; a tip over plus any other logged faults can trigger an Engine Managaement Light, if there are other minor faults recorded like stalls or TPS faults etc are logged too.

The Tilt Tip Switch resets itself on lifting up of the bike.

All Should be fine but if an engine check light comes on then a simple dealer reset should sort that; thumbs up.
    Cheers x plane, I'll keep an eye on that!!