Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Advertising On the MT10/FZ10 Forum

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give a quick heads up regarding advertising on the forum as today I removed a couple of items and wanted to give my reasoning for this, especially as in both cases the advert was the members first post on the forum.

Active registered non business members can advertise items on the forum in the 'Marketplace' section that I will be introducing shortly 100% for free.

I just wanted to both inform members and make future advertisers aware that unless we know who you are all items listed for sale will be removed, this is not a money making excercise for the forum as no charges will be made for private members listings but as a courtesy to other members that we all would like to know a bit about somebody before they start to list items for sale.

If any visitors to the forum feel they have something worthwile to offer other members (I am sure they would love a great deal) please do not hesitate to contact me and tell us a bit about yourself and what it is you intend to list.

Any feedback on this would be gratefully accepted

Andy - Forum Admin

Cheers Andy.

We do this on a few other forums I'm part of and agree with the proposals.

Sounds good to me, I have put up a few links to different websites for MT stuff but glad we can keep the sellers/ spammers at bay!

Thanks for looking after the forum its appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade6342 View Post
    Sounds good to me, I have put up a few links to different websites for MT stuff but glad we can keep the sellers/ spammers at bay!

Thanks for looking after the forum its appreciated!
    External links are no problem at all as long as they are thread appropriate and useful to members glad you are enjoying the forum.

Hi,Andy
    My name is Jerry and i am a huge fan of MadStad Engineering. I have the new FZ-10 and have found out that MadStad now has a windscreen for this bike.
    This company doesn't advertise but is known worldwide. just wondering if i am allowed to let others on this forum know of them and what they offer to us.

Hi Jerry,

I am sure members here would appreciate a personal intro from yourself introducing yourself and your bike so we know who we are talking too, no problem with posting links to MT/FZ10 products from genuine members, especially by contributing members and will unmod your post once this has been done,

cheers, Andy

Good forum policy. Otherwise, we'd get flooded with spammers for anything and everything.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

OK thank you Andy. I have introduced myself on the new members pages sorry for the confusion. This is a new bike to me and i am excited. I have always ridden cruisers and this is my first forum. So I guess you can say I've had my cherry popped. lol

Makes a lot of sense. I suspect I was one of the guilty parties - I have some bits left over from faffing around with the exhaust which I'd be looking to punt - but will happily wait for a Marketplace in which to post the items concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by landsmand View Post
    Makes a lot of sense. I suspect I was one of the guilty parties - I have some bits left over from faffing around with the exhaust which I'd be looking to punt - but will happily wait for a Marketplace in which to post the items concerned.
    Cheers Andy, in the same boat as above, been experimenting with a few mods so have a couple of items I'd like to stick up before heading to fleabay. Looking forward to the "marketplace" had some success on other owners forums both buying and selling.