O2 sensor removal.

Couple of schools of thought regarding removing the Lambda sensor, some pro and some con. Fitted a de-cat set up, removed both the Exup hardware and AIS hardware, also have the O2 eliminator connectors and exhaust plugs but trying to make up my mind as to whether or not to do the install.
    I would be interested to hear some of your views, particularly any tech. experts...

Subscribed.
    Ride hard and live long!

Did you progress with the O2 sensor removal?

o2 removal in anybike will make the bike run smoother. i am guessing it will be the same story in mt10. O2 sensors there for making the bike's ecu trow less or more fuel to the system. this causes rattle and ridebility (jerky Throttle respond) problems. The bike uses close loop at low revs ( which is lean) and then uses open loop in high rews to feed more fuel to the injectors. When you use a O2 sensor dongle, and remove the sensors , you make the bike run on open loop all the time, this will cause the bike to run rich and spend more fuel but it will be alot happy in traffic and low speeds. I cant really comment on Mt10's close loop though , as far as i test ride it , the bike seemed ok in traffic wasnt lumpy as a V2. hope this helps

When I had the Pcv fitted and dyno'd they couldn't remove the o2 sensors so had to leave the map closed loop up to around 3.5k revs. Fuk knows why? My bike was a guinea pig for the pcv in the U.K.... we tried removing the o2 sensors but it kept throwing up a fault code when riding at a constant low speed hence what Thor said. I still have the sensors fitted and me personally would go for the flash tune and remove the sensors altogether. Something I wish I'd done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Clemo View Post
    When I had the Pcv fitted and dyno'd they couldn't remove the o2 sensors so had to leave the map closed loop up to around 3.5k revs. Fuk knows why? My bike was a guinea pig for the pcv in the U.K.... we tried removing the o2 sensors but it kept throwing up a fault code when riding at a constant low speed hence what Thor said. I still have the sensors fitted and me personally would go for the flash tune and remove the sensors altogether. Something I wish I'd done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah without the O2 sensors removed the power commander is a little bit pointless.I would go for a flash and remove the O2 too like Clemo says