Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lumo wheel paint code?

The paint quality on these wheels isn't very good in my opinion. It looks like they've not been lacqured and on occasion when cleaning them the yellow paint has appeared on my cloth!
    More worrying is that they are very easily chipped which is why I need some touch up paint.

Does anyone know the paint code for the Night Lumo wheels please?

Cheers, Jase ;-)
    50'ish shade of grey...

Hi,
    I don't have the paint code but I do have the same problem with the paint coming off although mine are blue wheels. I raised this with my Yamaha dealer and was told that I should use Yamalube Polish - ridiculous seeing that the paint comes off if you're trying to clean chain lube off them or even just trying to polish them with AutoGlym. I am thinking about using some engine lacquer on the wheels given they are currently clean and before I start using the bike again.

Yes agree with both comments here . The finish looks to be a quick lick and no lacquer. I would like to bet a quick word with RS paints would get some info and a product to either finish the job off or do a better one. Just a thought and one I will be looking at.

Dear Dave

Thank you for your e-mail.

Yes we can supply Night Fluo Yellow wheel colour.

If you are able to send us your full address and the amount of paint you require we can provide you with a quote.

We sell paint in 25ml touch up bottles, 400ml aerosol, 250ml, 500ml, 750ml and 1000ml for spray gun application.

Kind regards

Elaine

RS Bike Paint Ltd
    Tel 0044 (0)1707 273219
    sales@rsbikepaint.co.uk
    www.rsbikepaint.com

And this is the reply I got today. Other colours not a problem. I have used RS kits before and the results are brilliant. Just follow the prep instructions and the application directions and put the top coat lacquer on and results are ace.

Thanks for the info Dave - I will give RS a try for my blue wheels when I'm ready.

Just a little rider to the RS paint. It costs around 45 for the kit as the lacquer is the expensive component. Three cans is what you get .

Would they not give u the codes then?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Got the colour code for my bike
    1510 light leaf green solid 6 for the wheels and 1511 bluish grey solid 4
    Hope this helps I know rs paints mix it but don't hand out the codes.
    Does anyone know anywhere else to get it mixed??

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

I did contact RS paints the other week and they cofirmed a 4 stage process for 45! I only want a little touch up pot for some minor scratches!!!

The Yamaha paint codes were appreciated, but unfortunatly unobtainable from Yamaha.

So I've just had a chat with a mate of mine that has a ChipsAway franchise. Basically, he's got a scanner that can scan the colour straight from my wheel. From there he can make me up a small touch up pot for a fraction of RS paints ridiculous price.

Job done...
    50'ish shade of grey...

found this site: https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/yamaha-fz-09/ , could this be the wheel color ?