Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

MT 10 or tuono1100rr or S1000r?

Hi guys,
    Currently riding a fz09,great bike,but looking to upgrade,
    considering a FZ10,but concerned about poor gas mileage and range,
    also read US version is not 160hp,more like 133hp that can be fixed with a warranty voiding aftermarket flash also felt the seat was a issue when i rode tested the bike,too hard....These things at roughly
    $1000 canadian to fix plus the canadian purchase price of $15 800 make the bike more money than the aprilla Tuono v4 1100rr....top rated bike and close to the price of a S1000R BMW...also a top bike.
    Not interested in a KTM or a KAWI.......very little interest in a gsxs1000.
    Leaning heavily toward Tuono...but hate to jump ship on Yamaha...
    Any input?
    Thanks.

In love with 10 after reflashing but... if it's same price as tuono... I'd go with it. Better handling, more power, and hate to admit... but better sound. No regret buying 10 but I wouldn't say no to tuono

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back to back rides a short time ago. The -10 and Tuono are the top of the heap.

I thought the S1000R was so much better when I first started my test ride. Ten miles later, it was losing favor fast. Serious engine vibes (buzz) and really hard, bumpy suspension. The crossplane four smoothness blew it away. Suspension is presently being pursued on the -10. It needs upgrading, which I intend to do as soon as a good option becomes available.

The Tuono is superb. My ride was a 2016 1100RR equipped with an aftermarket Ohlins shock. Fantastic bike, but I'm more relaxed and comfortable on the -10. If I did track days, it'd be the Tuono for sure. Strictly personal choice, but the Tuono and the -10 would be the only two choices I would ever consider. Closely priced? Only if you vastly broaden your search and nail a really competitive Aprilia dealership. I wouldn't expect to find that on a 2017 model and that's what I would want for the cruise control, first and foremost. After having the -10, I could never give it up. A higher price tag on a Tuono is definitely justified though. You can tell immediately that it's a higher level of quality.

When all is said and done though, the -10 is the perfect bike for me. My brakes are now all sintered. Suspension is next and I'll be a very happy camper.

But, again, both great choices.
    Last edited by Tigershark; 10-29-2016 at 04:20 AM.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

i part exed my v4 tuono for mt 10.everything u said about i.e. seat mileage is worse on tuono .getting more range on mt10 comfort seat makes it well comfy on long rides .and theres reliability with italian bikes ..as i said v4 was a great bike but the 10 is just that little bit better with a tried and trusted engine,ur money ur choice
    cheers
    bash

I wouldn't go for the the s1000r great bike but way too buzzy, the tuono is a fantastic bike but probably worse on fuel than the Mt (if thats possible) and is more track focused, I went for the Mt10 it was just more fun to ride and in the UK it's 10,136 on the road the tuono is 14,750 so it was a no brainer really. A bit more of a difficult choice for you as the prices are so close but I would have to say the MT10.

Richie,

My friend's 2016 Tuono 1100RR averages 36 mpg. My -10 averages 34 mpg. And he rides far more aggressively than I do. Agree with everything else.

I have come from Aprilia to Yamaha.No not 1100 but both a standard and Factory edition Gen 2.
    I was 50/50 for the 1100 Factory.Don't see the point in buying the RR myself when the Factory is not that much more expensive.My factory 1000 V twin did around the same MPG as the Yamaha.Spanking it i could put the reserve light on at 70 miles.
    My mates V4 thou does a 26 mpg when he cains it.
    For me the Aprilia V4 1100 factory can't be beaten for pure flexibility of riding.BUT ( don't you hate that) Spares are stupid money and they are an involved bikes and do not suffer ametures.
    It's firm sport attitude don't suit everyone.It's tiny by comparison.warrenty (in the uk has had to be dragged from the dark ages to actually get Aprilia to rcognise fault)is a talking point.
    The same problems from the old bike are there on the new.To name one the bloody dash misting up constantly.
    I know i can go to the Yam,put in the key,start it,go to France,do a track day at Circuit Vigent near Poitier,ride home ,park it up,and next week do it again with confidance.So can any one reading this. The Aprilia,well love them i do for sure but all the time i'd be waiting for the oil light to come on on the second trip.
    If i was to buy one ,and i was tempted,it would be on finance.That way if warrenty became an issue,i'd get on to the finance to get it sorted.
    Incedently,don't know about the 1100,but my mates thou cost him 1500.00 for the first valve service at 3000 miles.The tools are available to DIY but getting them is a ball ach and expensive,then you have to chop them to do the service with the motor in situ.
    Last edited by Dave; 10-29-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayroc View Post
    Hi guys,
    Currently riding a fz09,great bike,but looking to upgrade,
    considering a FZ10,but concerned about poor gas mileage and range,
    also read US version is not 160hp,more like 133hp that can be fixed with a warranty voiding aftermarket flash also felt the seat was a issue when i rode tested the bike,too hard....These things at roughly
    $1000 canadian to fix plus the canadian purchase price of $15 800 make the bike more money than the aprilla Tuono v4 1100rr....top rated bike and close to the price of a S1000R BMW...also a top bike.
    Not interested in a KTM or a KAWI.......very little interest in a gsxs1000.
    Leaning heavily toward Tuono...but hate to jump ship on Yamaha...
    Any input?
    Thanks.
    Hi Jayroc

So, on the MT10 forum and ask what bike to buy.

MT 10 it is then..........
    Yamaha MT10
    KTM Superduke R SE
    Everything else (sold)

Hi i have the V4 tuono 1000 hear in uk a great bike but the reliability won't be as good as the yam, i get 1800 miles out of a rear Tyre and about 90 miles a tank of fuel so not a great difference in that if you live in hot climate you will also get starting issues when it gets hot have to let it cool down before trying to start it!!

The past few model years have had a lot of improvements. One would hope hot starting issues would get sorted out. That's a pretty big problem to get ignored.

Wouldn't tire mileage have a lot more to do with the tire brand than the motorcycle. When I road the Aprilia and Yamaha back to back, they felt very similar in all riding situations. The switch back and forth was almost seamless. I would think tire wear would be pretty much the same for either bike.