Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pirelli Angel GT Thumbs Up

I just returned from a 4,000 mile trip. I fitted a set of Angel GTs just before I left and am very happy with how they performed. They had great grip in the twisties and shed water very well during the downpour I had to drive through. They seem to have held up great. There is a flat spot from the long stretches of prairie and desert I had to cross, but it's not too bad. I'd guess they are less than half way worn which I find impressive, but in fairness my trip was at hight altitude where torque was greatly diminished. They certainly wore better than the Metzelers that were on my buddy's FJR. He needed to find a shop to replace his rubber half way through the trip. Apparently Utah roads are hard on tires but the Angels seem to have been up to the challenge.

Had Pirelli Angel GT's on my previous bike (Ducati Streetfighter 1098).
    Was impressed with the handling and the wear, did at least 10000kms with them. They were a bit worn but still performed well in the dry.
    I had the Angel GT installed at receipt of the bike replacing the Bridgestones. Done 4000kms since then.

Great tyre, had them on my multistrada very confidence inspiring in the dry and wet
    Man maths with a dose of alcohol is always a winner!!

I concur, I had them on my FZ09 and after 2000 miles they still looked new. I figure when the stockers are torched I'll go back to the GT's, granted where I live it is pretty much straight flat and boring, but I do get to Tenn. a couple three times a year, so I need something that wears well in the middle but will still let me play in the corners.

Did a trip from Texas to California and back on Angel GT's, held up great! Hit The Snake in Los Angeles with 50lbs of gear on the passenger seat and never had any issues with traction. Slight flat spot, but that's expected after almost 5000 mostly highway miles.
    I ❤️ Torque
    Yoshimura4LyfeBRUH

angel GT's are the best sport touring tire in wet and dry specially bikes over 200 kg weight, wear is amazing and they are not cheap or hard tires. i don't know why people bother with diablo rosso's or dunlops, but i guess people dont do too many wet miles.

Have been riding with Angel GT's from the start. Great tire. 10.000kms and still lots of profile.
    Perhaps I am not riding the 10 hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    angel GT's are the best sport touring tire in wet and dry specially bikes over 200 kg weight, wear is amazing and they are not cheap or hard tires. i don't know why people bother with diablo rosso's or dunlops, but i guess people dont do too many wet miles.

I disagree , Roadtec 01's are the best touring tyre .
    I live in a twisty part of the world and wouldn't even consider Angel's for the 10 , I am happy with the S21's I have on now.
    Tyres are a very subjective personal thing , however the roadtecs constantly come out on top in lots of surveys and peoples experience

Quote Originally Posted by fatbob View Post
    I disagree , Roadtec 01's are the best touring tyre .
    I live in a twisty part of the world and wouldn't even consider Angel's for the 10 , I am happy with the S21's I have on now.
    Tyres are a very subjective personal thing , however the roadtecs constantly come out on top in lots of surveys and peoples experience
    i agree its very subjective never ridden with roadtec 01 , i see some presentations and questions answers about both tires, roadtec 01 choosen the best touring tire last year however when you ask the tire experts they said Angel GT is Sport and fast touring iin wet and dry, Roadtec is more for touring and heavier bikes, like Triumph Tropy, Bmw r1200RT, bmw K1600gt (this bikes comes with that tire from factory. I have Angel Gt's on my SUperduke GT came from factory and its my second back tire. They are fenominal at high speed touring and tweesties but wont last as long as Roadtec 01 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    i agree its very subjective never ridden with roadtec 01 , i see some presentations and questions answers about both tires, roadtec 01 choosen the best touring tire last year however when you ask the tire experts they said Angel GT is Sport and fast touring iin wet and dry, Roadtec is more for touring and heavier bikes, like Triumph Tropy, Bmw r1200RT, bmw K1600gt (this bikes comes with that tire from factory. I have Angel Gt's on my SUperduke GT came from factory and its my second back tire. They are fenominal at high speed touring and tweesties but wont last as long as Roadtec 01 for sure.
    i had the s20 on the bike from new with run in period,1200 mles from new is not acceptable for me..put dunlop roadsmart 3,s on .3000 miles still look awesome good for at least another 1000 and i ride with boys on s1000rr r1,s quick lads as myself..awesome grip wet n dry ...happy